Страницы

11/13/2015

Frey (The Frey Saga, #1) by Melissa Wright

I rather liked this one. Liked it enough to buy the second book and I am glad to say it ended peaking my interest for book three.

No glaring spelling or word errors worth noting. Good for a free book. M. W. shows some writing skills here. Frey is bound to prevent the use of magic. Her power starts to return and there are surprising results. Along with her powers being taken so are her memories. The author executed this very well. She feels or knows people/things and not sure why she has certain reactions. Now the part that cost a star is a bit of repetitive reaction to her use of magic and return of memories. This worked most of the time because of the nature of her being magically bound and the negative effects involved. This carried across the first two books and just almost went once too far. It felt like it was resetting the story about 30 pages to be done again the last time or so. I am being vague here to prevent spoilers. In the end it was done well and I am glad to say at the end of book two this is all resolved and I await book three.