Страницы

12/16/2015

The Last Survivors (The Last Survivors #1) by T.W. Piperbrook

Alright, so this wasn't the zombie story I was expecting.

For the gamers among you, the "zombies" are like the fungal zombies from The Last of Us.

The book takes place well after the initial chaos of the apocalypse to where survivors are already safely inside walled cities. The story mostly revolves around the people involved rather than the zombies themselves. There's little of "Survival" or the fear of being eaten so if that's what you're looking for, you won't find it here.

That being said, I think this was an actually decent book as far as things go. At first I was completely uninterested in the lives of the people involved, but I found myself continuing to read anyway just to find out "What happens next?" You get the feeling that somethings wrong with the society, that things aren't all that they seem and that is what kept me reading.

I look forward to the next book!