Страницы

12/10/2015

Twist Me (Twist Me #1) by Anna Zaires

This book is...difficult to explain. In a way, for me it was a horror novel. It was terrifying and heart wrenching. But strangely, it was utterly captivating. The whole time I was reading this novel I felt like the girl. Captured against my will and forced to finish what I started. There were points in this novel that I would freeze and look away from the page. My finger would linger on the X at the top of the screen. I did not want to read anymore. I would feel almost sick, and I would have tears in my eyes. But I couldn't stop reading. My eyes would drift back and I would continue along this journey. The male in this book is not your normal "alpha male". He is possessive and controlling, and he doesn't know how to take no for an answer. He is borderline sadistic, he enjoys giving pleasure and pain. But there are moments where he is so sweet and understanding, the transition is almost shocking. You almost can't help but be drawn to this character.
I will put out this warning for others: this book contains some serious triggers. The sex scenes are not the issue, it is the emotional moments that can cause problems for some. That is weird to say. I am giving this a high rating because this is the first novel I have read that has put me at the characters side in a long time. I never review novels but I felt like I had no choice on this one. This author is very talented, but I will be careful about what I read of hers in the future. I am just cowardly that way.