Страницы

12/04/2015

The Gifting (Gifting #1) by K.E. Ganshert

I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this book so much. Reading the description, it sounded a bit like a cliche coming of age story. Plus, being YA as well, I was a little skeptical. I'm a grown up and all, so a YA book has to be pretty exceptional to grab my attention. But it was free, so there was no risk in giving it a shot.

This is beautifully written, and it grabbed me from the first page. The only thing I didn't care for was how Tess was so down on herself all the time. I kept waiting for some pivotal moment where she would begin to change in that aspect. I think that's just a character trait I naturally don't care for in people though, and not necessarily discrediting to the author's work. Tess did eventually become bolder and more courageous, and I was glad to finally see it happening.

There were suspenseful moments that were tense for me. That's a true quality of a good book, if it makes you feel like you're living through it.

All in all, I'm excited to see what happens next!