Страницы

11/01/2015

The Girl In The Box by Robert J. Crane

The reviews for these books were mixed. But I got them anyway because I know peoples reading interests vary. I'm glad I did! I loved these books! They caught my attention from the very beginning and I never found myself bored or skimming through the pages. Many reviews were bashing the main character Sienna for having a bad attitude. But really, she's a 17 year old girl who doesn't have experience interacting with other people, of course her attitude will be different. But either way, I found her quite interesting. I'm usually not a fan of stories like this, but I fell in love with these books! I read the first 3 in a week and had to buy the 4th right away. Only thing I don't really like is that the books are recapped in the beginning like we had just picked them up and need to know what's going on.

By the time I've reached Book 10 in the series, my interest has waned just a bit, but this is still nice writing, good character development. (10 books is a long series... but suddenly I'm excited that there's a whole second series utilizing the same characters!) The premise is pretty typical "super hero" type fare - sort of like X-Men in the powers - but a more global expanse to the story. Violence? Sex? Well, yeah, there's a bit of violence, sort of comes with the premise. Sex? No, nothing to speak of. Anything sexual happens "off stage" and is left to the reader's imagination.