Страницы

11/26/2015

Vampire Shift (Kiera Hudson Series One #1) by Tim O'Rourke

I came upon this book and thought that I would give it a shot. I wasn't displeased. I enjoyed the story line and how different it was from other books I read. I love the CIS approach to the crimes and the main character's personality. I think I enjoyed it more because she wasn't the "damsel in distress" kind of thing. She was a strong character. The writing was easy to follow and it had a clear picture that was believable. Overall, great.

With all that being said, I am the person that will find out how the series ends to find if it is something I want to spend time on. I was devastated by the end of some series. I came to the realization that if I wanted drama, love triangles or negative endings, I will just watch TV. I don't read books to be miserable, sad or get angry. So, this series will end on book one for me. I found that some of the story is going to do a 180 in the next book and I would rather walk away with respect for the characters that I like than end it on a bad note and shun the story line and writer because it didn't turn out right in my mind. But, that would be my personal opinion.